Sunday 1 April 2012

On my doorstep


Whenever I go anywhere new, on holidays, short breaks or visits to other parts of the country or world I always do my research, find places I want to go, have a list of things to do, get to know a bit about the place. 
This year I am definitely going to do more of that in my own home county.

I hate the word 'staycation' and I am a sun lover which is often the one thing you don't get right up north, but have vowed I will go out and about much more this year much closer to home. 
I am lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of the world, with oodles of history, amazing countryside, fabulous beaches and gorgeous places to go. 
So now is the time to start making more of this I've decided - and this week I took advantage of the sunny weather.

All this just over half an hour's drive up the road from where I live. Sometimes you forget what's right under your nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment