Sunday 2 June 2013

Juneathon Day 2 - lessons already learned

Day 2 of Juneathon - and after another night out (albeit sober one as I decided sensibly to drive following the previous night's excesses) I was debating if a golf lesson later today could count as 'exercise'. I decided not as, not only is it golf, but I don't even walk around the course as I'm a total beginner and just learning how to hold the sticks and look like a golfer (though there is no way I can do lady golfer fashion).
And my aim in doing Juneathon is to help with my running, and I know enough to know that you don't run on the golf course.

So I did the same run as yesterday - oddly it came up a bit shorter on my Nike+ but slightly quicker. So I have decided:
this is the run I'm going to do every week day morning - as I have to take the dog for a walk before work anyway I may as well run with him - and it will focus me on trying to quicken my pace.
Then at least twice a week - likely weekends - I'll go for longer runs to build up my distance. The last long run I did was 7 miles but that was many weeks ago and I need to pick it up.

And the other lesson I learned today is that I need a new pair of running pants as the tops of both pairs I have are too loose and I keep having to pull them up. And I may have to consider shorter ones as I get very hot.

So here are today's scores on the doors

No comments:

Post a Comment